Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Start of a Major Project

Today I went to the library just to look around and spend some quiet time skimming through some books. As I walked down one of the aisles, I came across the book 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. "Woah," I thought, "seems like a lofty goal, but one I would love to try!"

So here I am with the book and I'm thinking...Ok, so when am I gonna read all of these?? My second thought...well, it's definitely gonna take at least a few years.

So, maybe I should try 100 per year? No, that's almost a book every three or four days.
But 50 books a year will take about 20 years....
Hmm...healthy medium? How about 75 in a year?
I mean afterall, I have until I die to read them all...
So basically I decided to shoot for reading 65 of the books in exactly one year...Yes, I know this is crazy, but I love reading and I think it is very important way of learning.

So, I went through this book....I've read about maybe 15 of these books? Not that impressive but hey, it's not like I've even read 1001 books in my lifetime.

And so the project begins. I'm settling for reading 65 of these books by this date next year.

Somehow I will do it. I'm gonna stick this one out! I will write about them as I finish them.

Maybe you want to do the project too? =D

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I look forward to reading your reviews! Do leave link here so my readers can come and visit you! Good luck :))

    I'm following, too. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete